Mr T. Frank Sibly
CONSULTANT ORTHOPAEDIC AND TRAUMA SURGEON
MA MBBS FRCS
GMC Number 2569929
Mr Sibly was born and educated in Birmingham, then went on to Oxford University and medical school at University College Hospital, London.
Orthopaedic registrar training was in the Newcastle Upon Tyne hospitals, then Senior Registrar in Derby and Harlow Wood Orthopaedic Hospitals, including 6 months as Senior Registrar in Professor Burke's Pulvertaft Hand Unit.
He moved to Hereford in 1993 with his family to take up his consultant post.
His practice is shoulder elbow and hand surgery. Special interests in joint replacement and shoulder arthroscopy, Dupuytrens Disease including a one stop needle fasciotomy service.
Mr Sibly performs about 400 procedures per year, of which 40 are shoulder replacements, and 100 are shoulder arthroscopic procedures.
- Arthritis/ Replacement surgery, including reverse polarity replacements for rotator cuff arthropathy.
- Rotator cuff tear, Painful arc syndrome, Calcification in rotator cuff
- Dislocations and Instability
- Frozen Shoulder
- Arthritis/Replacement surgery
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
- Tennis elbow/Golfers Elbow
Hand and Wrist
- Carpal tunnel
- Dupuytrens Disease: Full fasciotomy and Needle Fasciotomy
- Arthritis of Hand and Wrist
- De Quervains
- Trigger finger/thumb
He has published 11 peer review papers, mostly on upper-limb topics, and has won the Smith and Nephew Registrar Prize for best paper.
- Supracondylar Fractures - Childhood Injury
- Joint replacement in the knuckle joints - J Engineering in Medicine
- Quality of life following Knee replacement - Annals of Royal College of Surgeons
- Elbow synovial tumours - Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
He was a Fellow in the Bioengineering Department of Durham University
with Prof Unsworth, researching ways of improving joint replacement
of the knuckle joints.
He has undertaken professional visits to hospitals both in South Africa at Holy Cross Hospital,Transkei, and the USA, including the Mayo Clinic.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
British Elbow and Shoulder Society, British Society of Surgery of the Hand.
Nuffield Hospital: Thursday afternoon
If you would like to make an appointment at the Nuffield Hospital as a private patient please ask your GP to send a referral to Mr Frank Sibly at the Nuffield Hospital, Venns Lane Hereford HR1 1DF
Tel No: 01432 262502
County Hospital: Monday afternoon and Wednesday all day
If you would like to make an appointment please ask your GP to send a referral as an NHS patient to the County Hospital, Hereford, HR1 2ER or via the "Choose and Book" scheme.